Saturday 28 November 2009

the GIMP


This is one of my latest works made using the GIMP. You can see more of them-along with my paintings, drawings and photography by clicking through to my website or to Flickr.

At the moment I am taking photographs and working with the GIMP program to make digital art. I like the GIMP, it is free after-all and it does a great job for me. It allows me to create projects which give the impression of being sculptural works which appear to exist on a large scale.

I take photos of objects or forms made out of any materials which can be cut, shaped or modelled and then transform them with the GIMP. Some of the objects are intended to be works in their own right but many more are very temporary and impermanent. As time goes by I have built up a collection of images and textures which can be used to enrich the digital work.

No comments: