Friday 17 February 2012

The Book of Sand

I was playing around with some images the other day. For some time I had been  thinking of  producing what would look like a book or sketchbook with illustrations derived from my digital images. As I worked a thought came into my mind from somewhere deep in the memory; perhaps I could call this project The Book of Sand. And then I remembered who had written this story. I had not read any Borges for some time and it was the title which came before the memory of the artist's name; when I reread the work I found that my memory had not been very clear. There are few illustrations, everything changes, there is text in double columns, the numbers seem to be haphazard, one cannot find the beginning or the end.
So I did not really set out to illustrate Borges but the images which come may or may not relate to the story in a closer degree than before.

No comments: